Wednesday, July 7, 2010

2004 BMW 525i

2004 BMW 525i
I first fell in love with BMW's in the Summer of 1984 before my Senior year of High School. However, it wasn't until September of 2008 that I bought my first BMW, a 2004 525i.

The 2004 525i has a couple of unique things about it. First, the wheels that are on it were only produced in 2004. So all the 2004 stock wheels have 7 open holes around the rim that give it a uniquely different look from the 2005 5 series models. Second, it is also the first of the new E-60 body style which I personally love way better than the previous body styles. However, not everyone agrees with me because it became a controversial style for BMW 5 series models. That still doesn't change my view though: I love the car.

It's interesting to me how non-BMW owner's or even those familiar with the cars do not realize that I have a 2004 model. I am all about keeping the car looking sharp and it's not uncommon for people to guess 2008 or so as the model year which makes me feel good of course.

If you are looking for a 2004 5 series, you can find one for somewhere between $14,000 to $18,000 as of this article which isn't bad if you get one in excellent condition. My car has been relatively maintenance free in the 22 months that I have owned it. There is a recall on the heated seat element though. I got a new bottom seat and heating element from BMW for free. So keep that in mind if you like the 2004 model which can also be bought for an affordable price.

In closing, if you buy a car over the internet, you may want to consider auto shipping as an option. I have included a resource in the footer.

1 comment:

  1. I just bought 2004 525i and I really love this car. This is my first BMW car and it accelerate quickly on the road. When I am driving on the highway, usually my average speed is 65 to 70. But when I drive this car, I didn't realized that I am running 80's to 90's smoothly. I like the driving performance. Very smooth and comfortable to drive... I love my car BMW 2004 525i. I want to keep this car forever.....

    Ray

    ReplyDelete